This is Queen Angela. I don’t know what happened to her. In my previous posts, Queen Angela was a captured swarm, my first one.
This was a pretty large swarm, I thought. Talking to the experts I’ve learned a few things could have gone wrong. Queen Angela, since she is prone to swarm, may have swarmed again. She could be a virgin queen and not laying fertile eggs. I don’t think that’s the cause because a bee was laying eggs when I placed the frames in the new hive. She could have died off or been eaten during a mating flight. Whatever the cause, this is the result. Weakly populated frames:
Another suggested cause is these plastic frames, Black in color. I tried these because the Black background makes it easier to see the eggs. I just don’t think they like the plastic. My next move is to (try) combine Queen Angela’s hive with Queen Victoria. God save her!